Brussels sprouts are one of the most hated vegetables out there, next to spinach, broccoli and eggplant. Brussels sprouts are bitter if they are picked at the wrong time, give off a strong odor if they are over cooked and never taste right if they have been frozen. However, Brussels sprouts didn’t deserve their bad reputation and if you learn how to cook them correctly, you might learn to love them.
Here is a simple, no fail Brussels sprout recipe even the haters might like.
Six or so Brussels sprouts per person
Salt or Sea Salt
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Cut off the Brussels sprout ends
3. Pull off any loose or dirty looking leaves
4. Cut even down the stems once
5. Place Brussels sprout halves in mixing bowl
6. Coat evenly all of the sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper
7. Place on cooking sheet, flat side down
8. Roast for 20 or so minutes or until the Brussels sprouts look charred.
Serve Brussels sprouts warm and enjoy!
This same recipe preparation can be done with asparagus, carrots, mini multi-colored potatoes. A perfect side dish every time.