Once you find out you are having a second child the search for a new stroller begins, but this time you are looking for one that can accommodate both kids. I spent weeks researching the perfect stroller for my first kid, but realized when I was about to have my second child, that our beloved single stroller, can not be re-configured to accommodate two seated kids. We pretty much had to start the whole stroller research process over again, but with only a few days of research involved, because I was tired and pregnant, chasing around a toddler.
My oldest child is fully capable of walking and can easily walk longer distances, but as a NYC city kid he can not walk all day, and the pace is quite slow when he is walking. So, if I need to get anywhere fast or on time, a double stroller is necessary.
When it came to strolling with two children I found that the Joovy Too Qool was a perfect match for my growing family’s needs. The Too Qool is a luxury double stroller with the culmination of first class engineering and upscale design, totally something new and fresh out there on the streets. I have walked miles and miles, through all four NYC seasons with the Joovy Too Qool and it still pushes like new.
Double Stroller Checklist: Joovy Too Qool
- Is the price point under $700? No, the Too Qool is priced at $799 but that includes both seats. Its single stroller sibling the Joovy Qool is priced at $549. They are both priced comparable to other luxury strollers on the market.
- Can it be folded with the seats attached? The Too Qool can only be folded with the front seat attached, and if you want the most compact fold, both seats would need to be removed.
- Does it have a cup holder? This stroller does not come with a cup holder but a cup holder can be purchased for $14. The Joovy Qool and Too Qool Cup Holder easily attaches and detaches from the stroller and these strollers can accommodate up to 2 cup holders.
- Are the tires solid or need air? The Too Qool tires are solid, the sealed bearing wheels, ensures that your children will have a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Can it accommodate two seated riders? Yes, the Joovy Too Qool can have two seated ridders, plus an additional third ridder using the ride-on board for $99 if needed. Plus if you remove the rear seat the Too Qool converts into a perfect single stroller.
- Is the seat forward and rear facing? Yes, the front seat can be configured facing front or back. Where the rear seat can only face forward, or be completely removed if not being used.
- Is the storage space large enough to hold a bag of groceries? Yes, the undercarriage on the Joovy Too Qool is roomy it can hold up to one bag of groceries. With the second child seated, you might need to maneuver the bag a bit in the space under the second seat, and you can only access it from the front but it is totally doable.
- Can I fold it with one hand? No, you need to pull up on each side of the handle bar to collapse the Too Qool. Plus if you want the most compact closure you will have to remove both seats from the carriage.
- Can I push it with one hand? Yes, it is an easy one handed push and has superior maneuverability for a double stroller. Besides the weight of pushing two kids, the Joovy Too Qool pushes like a single stroller and is not heavy to push at all!
- Can it be used from birth with additional attachments? Yes, the front seat can be replaced with an infant carseat adapter (sold separately) offering use from birth to 55 pounds per seat.
Bonus Question: Is it easy enough for my tall husband to push? Yes, and he does not kick the rear seat when pushing the Too Qool.
Room for improvement: The five point harness straps on the front seat are a bit tricky to put on my squirmy baby, and the closure is not as compact as I would like it with the front seat attached.
Overall the Joovy Too Qool is a great double stroller for everyday use especially with a growing family, and a family who has an older child who needs a place to sit when they get tired after a long day out and about.
Let me know if you have any additional questions about the Joovy Too Qool stroller and I will try my best to answer them for you.
I was provided with a Joovy Too Qool stroller for review purposes, but all opinions expressed here are my own.