Doing your makeup should not take that much time. Once I became a mom I have reduced applying my makeup down to five minutes, using only five items. Now, I still don’t do my makeup everyday, but I am trying to get into the habit more and more. When I actually do my makeup, people comment and say how nice I look. I always seem to use “time” as my excuse as to why I don’t wear makeup everyday. So, limiting my time spent doing makeup down to five minutes and five items, not only saves on time but money.
- MAC Studio Fix– A few years ago I stopped using foundation and powder and started using MAC’s Studio Fix, A one-step powder and foundation that provides a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing, velvety texture allows skin to breathe. $27
- Benefit Dallas blush– I have been using Benefit Cosmetics Dallas blush for over 10 years now, and I still love the shade and sheer wash of color dusted across my cheeks. It gives my complexion a natural-looking glow and a healthy looking radiance. It comes with a soft, natural-bristle cheek brush. $28
- Revlon Illuminance crème eye shadow– I used to use a creamy eye shadow double-sided stick from Revlon, but they stopped making it. So, I ended up picking up this Revlon Illuminance crème shadow in Not Just Nudes last time I needed new shadow. I like its coverage, and it does not feel heavy on my eyes. This cream palette comes with four beautifully coordinated shades, that blend and layer for a new look every time. $6
- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara– I am not picky with mascara, but my eyelashes are blond so any mascara is better than none. It needs to be easy to apply, not irritate my sensitive eyes, leave no clumps, no lashes sticking together and long lashes. The Smashbox Full Exposure mascara hits all of these requirements. $20
- Honest Lip Shimmer in Pomegranate– I never wear lipstick, I think I look like a clown when I wear full color lipstick, but I am all about tinted chapstick and lip glosses. So, when I received this Honest lip shimmer I was excited to try something new out, and well, I like it a lot. It is not really shimmery, but adds a nice hint of color and the pomegranate scent is not to overpowering. $6
How much time do you spend doing your makeup? What one item is a must have in your makeup collection?