I have been seeing adorable back-to-school photos from across the country for over a month now, and I can’t wait to take H’s first day of Montessori school photo. But, we still have two more weeks before H is “back-to-school” full time! So, two more weeks of summer, two more weeks of procrastinating on stocking up on school supplies and two more weeks to get us all onto a manageable daily routine.
We currently go to bed late, wake up late, eat when we are hungry and never really plan the day ahead of time. In two weeks this is all going to change, and I am kinda scared for these changes in our life. So I have teamed up with Johnson & Johnson family of consumer companies and HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® products to give tips on ways to change and re-energize our lifestyle, just in time for back-to-school.
- Pamper your skin. Day after day spent in the harsh summer heat my skin is not feeling or looking the way I would like it to. It is no secret that looking the way you want, can give you a lift. A great way to re-energize yourself is to try a new skincare regimen to address fine lines, blotchiness and dark circles.
- Make over your diet. We ate out a lot this past summer! With school starting we will have lees time for long leisurely meals out, so I will be spending more time preparing meals at home. My goals are to add more fruits, vegetables and whole grains into our diets. Not only do they help give you great looking skin, but foods rich in fiber are great for digestion and can help you feel full longer. Learn how to read food labels to make better choices at the grocery store.
- Plan active weekends. Now that our weekdays are less adventurous, I plan to get the whole family out and moving on the weekends. Living in NYC we need to enjoy the fall like weather, before the winter like weather approaches. We plan to explore new parks and take a family hike up near The Cloisters located in Fort Tryon Park.
- Air out the house. Indoor pollutants tend to build up over time. A great re-energizing task is to open the windows, or run a filtered air conditioning system while the kids are at school. You will get toxins out and the whole family can breathe a little easier at night.
- Wind down to earlier bedtimes. We have slacked a bit on bedtime over the summer. The days are longer, so we stay out longer. To help kids ease back into school-year sleep schedule try a soothing evening routine. Bathtime with a light massage and aromatherapy can go a long way to getting kids settled. Also have your kids start using a daily mouthwash again (because you know some days you forget). Plus pick out some new books to continue the learning at home.
Great Deals on HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® Products Can Help You Re-energize Your Routine as the New School Year Begins!
HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® is offering amazing printable coupons, tips & tools and so much more for all the products you and your family love. You can save more than $40 by visiting http://www.HealthyEssentials.com now and signing up for HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® program coupons and offers.
Well I am happy to say we have two more weeks of this, and two more weeks to re-energize!
What have you found that has helped re-energize your family routine this new school year?
This post is part of the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® 2014 program by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.