Every Monday morning I have a babysitter come and watch the kids for 5 hours, it’s just as much a break for them from me, as it is a break for me from them. They love their babysitter, and H can’t wait to tell her all about his previous weeks adventures. So, while they are out and about town with the babysitter, I should be catching up on my forever long to-do-list of household and blogging tasks, but instead my typical Monday morning consists of the following:
- Wake up 5 min before the babysitter arrives.
- Get breakfast started for the kids.
- Pick out what the kids will be wearing.
- Pass off the kids to the babysitter.
- Check e-mail and social media sites.
- Go back to bed for 2 hours.
- Take an uninterrupted long shower.
- Walk to a local coffee shop for breakfast/lunch and COFFEE.
- Drink the coffee and eat really slow, while checking e-mail and social media sites.
At this point I only have an hour or so left so I usually choose one of the following activities, before making my way back home:
- Do Pilates (this is the best option).
- Clothes shopping for myself or the kids.
- Get a massage at the little hole-in-the-wall place.
- Manicure or pedicure.
- Pick up groceries for the week.
As a SAHM mom my job never really ends, it is a 24 hour, 7 days a week kinda job. Plus the weekends are usually harder than the weekdays. Having a weekly 5 hour break of time for myself is vital for my sanity to get me through the week. When I return my kids are usually happier, which makes me happier.
The lists can wait, but doing things for myself always come second, the other 97% of the week. Do you take weekly time for yourself? What do you choose to do during you time away?