We have been strolling around the city with the Quinny Yezz for 7 months now, the stroller even made it through a New York City winter. In the last two and a half years I have tried out over a handful of strollers with H, so I think I am now able to compare and contrast multiple different brands, price points, styles.
The Quizzy Yezz is being advertised as the ideal stroller for traveling the world, country or your city and I totally agree. The frame is extremely lightweight and folds down small, the Yezz is a great stroller to get you from point A to B fast. We recently traveled with the Quinny Yezz to Miami and Walt Disney World and it held up perfectly! Plus you can win one of your own a $279 value (details at the end of the post)!
Umbrella Stroller Checklist: Quinny Yezz
- Is the price point under $300? Yes, the Quinny Yezz is priced at $279. I think that is a bit high for an umbrella type stroller but it is right in line with the other high-end styles.
- Can it be folded with the seat attached? Yes, this is very important when getting in and out of a taxi, walking subway stairs and airport travel with a toddler. Plus the Quinny Yezz weighs 11 pounds and I can easily lift it with one hand (see video below)
- Does it have a cup holder? No, I ended up buying a Britax Stroller Organizer to attach to the push handle. You can place a covered cup in the back storage pocket if needed.
- How are the tires? The tires are similar to rollerblade wheels, making the stroller extremely easy to maneuver, with a great turning radios. The wheels are small though, so every nook and cranny can be felt and the tires can get stuck in large sidewalk cracks.
- Can it accommodate two riders with additional attachments? No, the Quinny Yezz is an umbrella type stroller, so only accommodates one child. It does not come with a kick board attachment.
- How is the seat? The Yezz seat is similar to a sling and my son fits comfortably with the material conforming to his body. The seat is only forward facing and does not recline, but the age of the kids using this umbrella stroller probably prefer to be forward facing and will still fall asleep comfortably even without the recline.
- Is the storage space large enough to hold a bag of groceries? No, the storage on the Quiny Yezz is only a small pocket on the back of the seat. It can hold a small wristlet diaper bag, child’s jacket, some small toys and necessities.
- Can I fold it with one hand? Yes, once you get the hang of the fold it is by far the best fold out there! Plus the Quinny Yezz folds down small, like really small, and then placed on your back like a backpack using the strap (see the video below).
- Can I push it with one hand? Yes, it is an easy smooth push with a one-handed 360 spin. This means a smooth ride for my son. I think the Quinny Yezz is the only one handled umbrella stroller out there.
- Can it be used from birth? No, the Quinny Yezz is recommend for use once your child is sitting up unassisted so aged 6 months to 40 pounds.
Bonus Question: Is it easy enough for my tall husband to use? Yes, he even said it is his favorite umbrella stroller to use!
I have yet to find a perfect umbrella stroller, but I think depending on your stroller usage and needs the Quinny Yezz might be the perfect one for your family. If this sounds like a perfect stroller for you then you can enter to win one from Quinny USA and My Strange Family!
Entry open to the US only. Giveaway ends Saturday May 25, 2013 11:59pm EST. Winners will be chosen by random.org and contacted. Quinny is responsible for prize delivery.
Giveaway is now closed random.org picked: #8 Meggin Please e-mail me back by Wed the 29th by 11:59pm EST or I will be forced to pick another winner. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who entered!
Leave a blog post comment- What is the most important feature that you look for in an umbrella stroller?
Extra Entries Up to Four:
- Like My Strange Family on Facebook and leave separate comment below that you did.
- Like Quinny USA on Facebook and leave separate comment below that you did.
- Follow @kristrange on Twitter and leave a separate comment below that you did.
- Tweet about the giveaway or share this post on Facebook example tweet:
Enter to win the new @QuinnyUSA Yezz stroller from @kristrange. http://wp.me/p1IHBv-Fx #QuinnyYezz
If you need more details about the Quinny Yezz the features include:
- Approximately 11 lbs
- Ultra compact quick fold
- Stands when folded, includes adjustable carry strap
- Frame is made of IXEF® material, a high performance injection molded composite fiber — allows for the stroller to be light weight and extremely durable
- Interchangeable seats to allow parents to change the fashion
- Available Accessories: WeatherShield
- SRP $279; additional seats for $69
If you have any questions about the Quinny Yezz let me know and I will try my best to answer.
The Yezz version that I am reviewing is the European version but it only has a slight variation in the front wheels. I was provided with a Quinny Yezz stroller for giveaway purposes, but all opinions are my own.