When you find out you are pregnant for the first time you are either one of those moms-to-be that buys every single book and magazine, reads every single blog and forum topic about being a parent. Or you are like me, buys one book, reads the first chapter and gets so overwhelmed that I put the book down and continue on the journey blindly. When I should have been excited with anticipation, I was filled with fear and frustration. Unfortunately, reading up on baby care can be helpful, but nothing can prepare you fully for those first days and weeks then hands on experience.
Now that I am pregnant with my second child, I do feel a bit more informed. Or I should be right? But, with ever changing research and facts coming out I will never be fully informed or up-to-date, ever! Additionally every pregnancy and child is different, with H I did not struggle with breastfeeding, sleep or health issues but who knows with Baby Girl coming in June I might have some challenges. With these potential challenges I need a one stop web page that offers current up-to-date resources on baby care and I can feel confidant with the answers that I am given.
The web page that I am currently loving is babygooroo.com, their mission is to give parents the knowledge, skill, and confidence they need to keep their babies healthy and safe. Baby Gooroo focuses on health, nutrition, and safety, with an emphasis on breastfeeding. Plus if you can’t find the answer to your questions just ask a gooroo!
Statistics show that few mothers breastfeed exclusively and even fewer breastfeed for an extended period of time. In an effort to help mothers understand that breastfeeding is the normal way to feed a baby and to highlight the importance of mother’s milk, baby gooroo produces educational materials that give parents the knowledge and the confidence they need to achieve their breastfeeding goals.
Babygooroo.com is a very easy webpage to browse through and they are all about the “keep it simple” philosophy with their approach and products. They sell numerous items through the Baby Gooroo store:
- Breastfeeding books- Separates breastfeeding facts from myths and discusses the realities of breastfeeding with clear instructions and helpful advice.
- Bookmarks (so handy if books stress you out) one card is on the first week of poop and how each diaper should look, another is on the do’s and don’ts of sleeping, one is how to tell if your baby is hungry or full and the last is on proper or poorly breastfeeding positions.
- Brochures- The Breastfeeding brochure is visual and descriptive perfect to keep near your bedside or diaper bag.
- DVDs- An alternative to reading a book, you and your partner could just watch this 30min informative video.
- Baby soft items, such as caps, bibs, burp cloths and the softest towel and washcloth!
Thanks to babygooroo.com they are offering one reader of My Strange Family an opportunity to try out the amazing items pictured above (a $65+ value)! These items would be perfect for not only first time moms, but second time moms just like me in need of a refresher and some sweet baby soft items.
The giveaway is now closed random.org selected comment #17 Amanda, if I don’t here back from the winner I will be forced to select a new winner. Thank you everyone for entering and your continued support!
Entry open to the US only. Giveaway ends Monday April 1, 2013 11:59pm EST. Winner will be chosen by random.org and contacted. babgooroo.com is responsible for prize delivery.
Leave a blog post comment- Go to the shop at babygooroo.com and let me know what item would be the most helpful to you, or which item you wished you had during those first few weeks.
Extra Entries Up to Five:
- Like My Strange Family on Facebook and leave separate comment below that you did.
- Like Baby Gooroo on Facebook and leave separate comment below that you did.
- Follow @kristrange on Twitter and leave a separate comment below that you did.
- Follow @babygooroo on Twitter and leave a separate comment below that you did.
- Tweet about the giveaway or share on Facebook example tweet:
“Enter to win a collection of @babygooroo items valued at $65+ from @kristrange http://wp.me/p1IHBv-zw #giveaway”
I was provided with the pictured babygooroo.com items for myself to review and the same selection of items to giveaway. As always all opinions expressed here are my own.