Tags

, , , , , , ,

***And the winner is posted at the bottom of the post!***

I live in New York City and don’t own a car, 90% of the time I walk to my destinations but the other 10% of the time I take a taxi or use a rental car when I am on vacation. This small percentage of time I need a car seat to keep my baby safe. However, because I rarely use a car seat I am clueless when using and installing one. Here is a list of the top mistakes caregivers make when using a car seat (I am not a car seat professional and have embarrassingly made two of the following five mistakes with my son’s car seat).

  • Not installing the car seat correctly
  • Not buckling a car seat into the car
  • Using an old or secondhand car seat
  • Not securing your child into the car seat
  • Not using or incorrectly using the locking clip

Last week I was invited to a breakfast by Summer Infant, a leading juvenile health, safety and wellness product company to see the unveiling of the company’s first car seat. I knew Summer Infant best from their Monitors, Health Safety items and the Tiny Diner mat (Love this item and use it every day when feeding my son)! So I was excited to learn Summer Infant was entering the infant car seat market. At the breakfast Summer Infant sent an expert in child passenger safety, who is a CPST-Instructor to show us all of the great features that the new Prodigy Infant Car Seat has.

The new Prodigy Infant Car Seat from Summer Infant was developed to help caregivers alleviate the stress when using a car seat. The Prodigy Infant Car Seat and base includes three key innovative features:

  • Smart Screen technology located on the base guides caregivers through a simple process to correctly level and tighten the base. It also provides visual confirmation – via a smiling face – when each installation step is completed properly.
  • An easy-to-use belt-tightening system that firmly fastens the base to the car. It electronically ensures a proper fit every time. The base also includes a test to make sure the seat is still installed correctly.
  • SafeGuard™ 1Adjust™ harness system. Caregivers can easily adjust the harness straps with just one hand – to quickly and correctly fit the straps to the child without re-threading. Regardless of a child’s growth or seasonal clothing, the harness straps easily retract around baby for a perfect fit.

Besides great safety features, when buying a car seat caregivers also want washable seat pads (for those unexpected messes), comfort (the liner is very soft to the touch), ability to use the seat without the base (I use a Taxi often so this is top on my list) and long-term usability, the new Prodigy Infant Car Seat accommodates infants 4 to 32 pounds and up to 32 inches in length (my son who just turned one can still use this seat and he is a big one year old)! The only downside that I see is the car seat is only compatible with the Summer Infant stroller. Here are the first two fabric colors released:

The Prodigy™ Infant Car Seat and Travel System can be purchased as a standalone car seat with base (SRP $179.99) base only (SRP $89.99), travel system (SRP $329.99) or as a standalone stroller (SRP $169.99).

Available on BabiesRUs.com and in-store.

Giveaway: One lucky reader will get to win a Summer Infant Prodigy Car Seat.

To Enter: Leave a comment telling me if you are currently shopping for an infant car seat and what is the #1 feature you look for when buying an infant car seat.

The giveaway will run today through Wednesday, November 2nd at 11:59 EST. I will choose one reader to win using Random.org and announce the winner here on Thursday. This giveaway is open to US residents only. Employees of Summer Infant and their families are not eligible. Please leave some way for me to contact you (FB, Twitter or e-mail)

To stay up-to-date you can “Like” Summer Infant on Facebook or follow them on Twitter @SummerInfant

*This is my first Giveaway and first time using Random.org so I used my iPhone to pick the winner then did a screen shot of the results (I will need to find a better way in the future and I need to charge my phone)!

So based on the results the 1st Comment is the winner Congratulations:

***Erica McRight***

***Erica I will be e-mailing you to get shipping information if I don’t hear back from you by 11:59 EST Friday November 4th I will need to pick a new winner.***

I was given a gift card for attending the unveiling and Summer Infant provided me with a Prodigy Car Seat to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.

Advertisements